Got an email from the organising team on the confirmation of my application. Included are some relevant details:
Warm greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford!
Thank you for registering for Swissôtel The Stamford Vertical Marathon 2007. Please note that your registration
and payment is confirmed and your Race ID is (116).
Date: 11 November 2007, Sunday
Venue: Swissôtel The Stamford 2 Stamford Road Singapore 178882
Distance: 226m, 73 storeys of Swissôtel The Stamford, totalling 1,336 steps
Goodie Bag / T-shirt Collection
Please check online for Goodie Bag collection dates. If you are unable to collect in person, you may authorise another person to collect on your behalf by producing an authorisation letter. For ease of reference, please bring your Receipt / Identity Card / Passport, together with this confirmation slip to collect your Goodie Bag.
Please feel free to contact us at Tel: 65 6438 1715 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Swissôtel The Stamford Vertical Marathon is a challenge of endurance, strength and stamina. Train hard and see you at the start line!
Standard Event Information:
Vertical Marathon 2007 Race Info
2007 Swissôtel Vertical Marathon 73 Storeys, 1336 steps
Race Location: Swissôtel The Stamford
Event Date: Sunday, 11th November 2007
Closing date: 11th October 2007
Start Time: 07.30am
Max Participants: 1200
Early Bird: $32 (Till 21th September 2007)
Registration Form Download (External Link)
Registration is only by Post, Fax or By Hand, send it to:
Office House 9.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Under 20
- Above 50
- Mens Opens
- Womens Opens
- Goodie bag
- Race Bib
- Safety Pins
- Champion Chip
Participants will be informed the Goodie bag and T-shirt collection date nearer to the event.
Race Day Conduct
- Participants will report to the Start Point at least 10 minutes prior to Start Time.
- Participants in queue will be flagged off in groups of not more than 8.
- Following the flag off, participants will run towards the stairway, enter the stairway and race up 73 storeys.
- Timing will start at flag off.
- Start times are estimates. The Organiser reserves the right to change times without prior notice
- Baggage storage facilities will not be available.
- Start Point on street level – Bottled mineral water and Red Bull drink will be available.
- Finish Point at Helipad – Bottled mineral water will be available.
Registered Participants Race-day Registration
7.00 am Reporting of Women Under 20
7.00 am Reporting of Women Above 50
7.00 am Reporting of Men Above 50
7.30 am Reporting of Women 40 – 49
7.30 am Reporting of Men 40 – 49
7.30 am Reporting of Men 20 – 29
7.45 am Reporting of Women 20 – 29
8.00 am Reporting of Men 30 – 39
8.15 am Reporting of Men Open
8.30 am Reporting of Women 30 – 39
8.30 am Reporting of Women Open
9.00 am Reporting of Corporate Race Participants
Please bring your Identification Card / Photo ID.
Please register during the allocated time slot.
8.22 am Start of Women Under 20
8.26 am Start of Women Above 50
8.27 am Start of Men Above 50
8.34 am Start of Women 40 – 49
8.40 am Start of Men 40 – 49
8.52 am Start of Men 20 –29
9.18 am Start of Women 20 -29
9.31 am Start of Men 30 – 39
9.58 am Start of Women 30 –39
10.08 am Flag off Women Open
10.22 am Flag off of Men Open
11.00 am Flag off Corporate Race
- Keep to the side of the railings.
- Encourage fellow participants.
- Do not push, shove and block other racers. Failure to maintain good sportsmanship will result in disqualification.
- If you are climbing up with friends, do not block the entire width of the stairwell.
- Be considerate, allow space for other racers to overtake at all times.
At the Top
- Participants are allowed to stay at the helipad for 10 minutes to enjoy the panoramic view.
Finisher Medal & Certificate
- Finisher medal will be handed to participants at the Finish point upon return of
- Certificates will be available at Registration / Information Desk. However, please allow
race officials at least one hour after the completion of respective races to have the
- Uncollected certificates will not be mailed.
- Results of top 20 finish in each category will be posted on Results Board an hour after
completion of last race in each category.
- The Organiser’s decision is final.
- Top 3 finishers of each category will be presented with prizes.
- Prize winners must be present to claim their prizes.
- All fire escape door to be kept unlock on all floors along the route.
- A route marshal shall be planted on every 5 floors of the route to aid in evacuation of any injured participants.
- All injured will be removed from the building via the building lift (Fireman Lift).
Race photos will be available for viewing and purchase on www.sportsphotox.com, 5
days after the event.
Should you have any questions with regards to the Race Day you may call the Race
Office at 65 6438 1715 till Friday 9 November, 2007 6pm.