Volunteers are the backbone to the mounting success of the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon since its first inception in 2002. Without the dedication and continuous support from the community, the race would not have been the runaway success it was, and an instant hit with all the local and international runners and supporters alike.
If you are not taking part in the race this year and would like to support the running community (who may also include your family and friends), and catch all the thrills and spills first-hand, here’s your chance to do so!
We need some 3,000 volunteers for an array of positions for Race Day (Sunday, 2 December 2007), as well as support staff for pre-event day, also known as, Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC).
So if you have what it takes to be part of a world-class event, hesitate no more and come join us!
Volunteer benefits & entitlements include:
- Volunteer apparel sponsored by Adidas
- Token allowance
- A certificate of appreciation
- Meals and drinks
- Community Involvement Programme Hours (if applicable)
- All volunteers must be at least 15 years old and above as at 1 January 2007. In order for registration to be confirmed, volunteers below 18 years of age are required to fill up and return an indemnity form that will be sent to them upon registration.
- For safety concerns, Drinks Station Staff and Route Marshals need to be 17 years and above to qualify for selection.
- Preference will be given to those with past volunteering experience especially for those applying for *key leadership positions. Candidates may be called up for an interview if shortlisted.