With the Poly 50 behind us, what else can a tried track team do after a race but chow to our hearts content at our campus’s food haven outlet? Besides a few gloomy faces since the last emotional turn for many, things are starting to get back on hand. In fact training on Friday saw one of the biggest attendance of grad seniors joining in with us (with the exception of a few nostalgic bumps & sudden unprepared piggy back attacks from leslie). Though Poly 50 was in the dumps, it served as a very rewarding opporunity to bond seniors & juniors together.
Training was a little slow for most of us, having not recovered fully since last wednesday’s race, even I felt the wave of latics. Took much of a slow recovery run (4x400m) 3 sets totalling 4.8km total & sustained 1.6km 6mins 20s on the 1st set. If this pace is very much set even in this condition, most of us can see at least a sub 9.30 & below for our 2.4km Napfa & a Gold in the bag easily. I guess Napfa talk is quite the hit now, calling upon a small pullup gathering at the back of the stadium before strengthening exercises. Did 15 pull ups.
Currently on the forefront, it all sets up towards IVP in the near distant future with Mizuno WR on the immediate front.
Mizuno Wave Run 2006 Registrations will close tomorrow (16th of July) Those who have not registered please do so at the selected Outlets (Registration & tag given on the spot):
- Mizuno Paragon
- Mizuno Marina Square
- WOS (World of Sports) Isetan Orchard
- WOS Plaze Singapura
- WOS Jurong Point
- WOS Toa Payoh
- WOS Heartland Mall
- WOS Taka
- Feder Sports @ Peninsula Plaze
- Running lab @ Funan
Please note SP Track:
- Mizuno WR (10km) competitive registrations are to be done personally, submit receipts (original) to me or any of the seniors for claims.
- New Balance Real Run (5.5km/10km) – Get forms from Huida, submit to Alex + $25
- AHM/Sheares Bridge Run (10km/21km) – Get registration leaflet from Huida, submit to me or Elrick + $18 (I will try to get Discount for all priced at $15 though only for Safra members)
Cheers & keep running!