13th (Friday) to 14th October (Saturday) 2006
- Running In aid of Singapore Heart Foundation. The “NIE Director’s Relay” aims to provide an opportunity for the NIE Family of staff, student teachers and alumni to play their part in contributing to the community. It will become an annual signature event of the Institute.
- Director of NIE will lead the family to raise funds for a charitable organization. He will nominate or “adopt” the organization that will become the beneficiary for the particular year
- The first “NIE Director’s Relay” will be inaugurated by Prof Leo Tan, Director, NIE, in October 2006.
Organisation and Format
- The NIE Director’s Relay will be a 12-hour, Dusk-to-Dawn Relay over a 2.4km course around and within NIE.
- At 9pm on Friday, 13 October, Director, NIE will flag off the Relay.
At 9am on Saturday, 14 October, the Relay ends.
- Food and drinks will be available throughout the 12-hour relay.
- There will be a “Breakfast-Gathering” of all participants, supporters and friends immediately after the Cheque Presentation.
- Each team consists of 6 participants/runners.
- Registration fee is $120 per team ($20 per team member). All registration fees will be donated to the Singapore Heart Foundation.
- All registered participants will receive a limited edition t-shirt (made of micro-fibre material).
- Team members can run in any order but each of them is to complete only one lap of the 2.4km circuit whenever he or she is on the run, jog or walk.
- There is no fixed composition of team members in terms of gender, i.e. a team may be formed with 6 men, 6 women, or a combination of any number.
Incentive Awards for Teams:
- (All registered teams) The first Eight teams with the highest accumulated mileage beyond 150km in 12 hours will recieve a $480 cash award (or shopping vouchers). Only laps completed within the 12 hours will count towards the total mileage.
- (All registered teams) One Team for the “Gold Award” of $600 cash (or shopping vouchers) will be awarded to the ONE team with the highest accumulated mileage beyond 170km in 12 hours. Only laps completed within the 12 hours will count towards the total mileage.
- (ladies only) A $400 cash award (or shopping vouchers) will be given to first THREE All-Women teams with the highest accumulated mileage in 12 hours. Only laps completed within the 12 hours will count towards the total mileage.
Source: NIE Website