In the third year running, the highly successful Mizuno Mount Faber Run is back again, taking runners through the sights of the southern hills of Singapore.
Venue: Open carpark space between Block 121 & 123 Bukit Merah View
(There will be multiple tents erected in the carpark itself)
Race Start Time: 0730hrs
(No reporting needed, just arrive on time with Bib)
Registration Closing Date: 24rd May 2009
Based as of previous year events, baggage deposit is provided for all runners at the surrounding HDB void decks near the event main tent.
Otherwise you can leave your bags in your vehicles (if you are driving), there are ample HDB parking lots around the area.
Nearest MRT station: Tiong bahru (head into the mature HDB estate opposite Tiong bahru park)
Buses: 961, 855, 197, 147, 14, 196 (From Jalan Bukit Merah)
Race Route (See map image above)
Distance about 10km, but with relief feats. Similar to last year’s race:
- Henderson road up skipping the industrial distripark, across the AYE towards Pasir Panjang road, then turning up the Mt Faber hill from Pender Road.
- Passing round the route through Mount Faber landmarks such as the cable car station and comm tower.
- Down Mt Faber from Faber lodge towards CHIJ at Bukit Purmei towards Tiong Bahru park, then Delta House before circling Gan Eng Seng School and back up to Henderson road for the finish.
- Men Open
- Women Open
- Men Veteran
- Women Veteran
For the purpose of age verification, the age of competitors shall be taken as of 1 January 2009.
For corporate registration (20 participants & above), please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modes of Registration
1. Online registration
You can register online. Registration page.
Online credit card payment (only VISA or MasterCard) is accepted.
Online only, World of Sports & PAssion card members’ Promotion!
- First 500 World of Sports or PAssion card members will receive a FREE pair of Mizuno running socks (worth $8.90) on the Race Pack Collection Day.
- Indicate and key in your World of Sports or PAssion card number during your registration.
- A separate email will be sent to you 1 week before the Race Pack Collection Day.
- Present your confirmation slip, promo email, together with your World of Sports or PAssion card on the Race Pack Collection Day
2. In person, walk-in registration venues:
- Mizuno VivoCity #02-16 Tel: 6377 0261
- World of Sports AMK Hub #B2-14 Tel: 6752 4267
- World of Sports Jurong Point #02-29 Tel: 6792 0547
- World of Sports Tampines 1 #03-14/15 Tel: 6786 6705
- World of Sports Paragon #04-29/30 Tel: 6735 4187
- World of Sports Velocity @ Novena Square #02-69/72 Tel: 6259 9656
3. Registration forms are also available at the selected community centres:
- Henderson Community Centre
- Cairnhill Community Centre
- Radin Mas Community Centre
- Bukit Merah Community Centre
- Queenstown Community Centre
- Leng Kee Community Centre
- Tanjong Pagar Community Centre
- Tiong Bahru Community Centre
- Tanglin Community Centre
- Pek Kio Community Centre
Date: 6 & 7 June 2009
Venue: Velocity @ Novena Square, Atrium
Time: 10am to 8pm
Participants are reminded to present receipt and I/C on the Race Pack Collection Day.
To appoint your relatives, friends or representatives in Singapore to collect the race pack on your behalf, please click here to download the Authorisation form.
Authorisation form must be presented on the Race Pack Collection Day.
Race Pack contents:
- Running Tee
- Runner’s Tag
- iTag for Electronic Timing
- Mizuno Waist Pouch (worth $29.90)
- Mizuno Limited Edition Running Singlet (worth $32.90)
- Lucky Draw Entry
- 30% Discount on Mizuno regular-priced merchandise
Excludes selected nett priced items. Other terms & conditions apply.