Last year’s race was great! And after last year’s success, VGO will be having their 2nd annual regular go at the Mount Faber run again. For those who are familiar with the brief history is line of Mt Faber races are a resurrection of the annual race many years ago. Just hope the previous experiences of badly organised wave run last year do not spill into this run, considering ironically they are all organised similarly by VGO themselves.
Pluses for this year’s race will be a the availability of individual runner timings on top of getting more than a dark blue shirt, but at the expense of $10 more than last year’s fee and almost more than 2 times the runners to put up with.
Thanks to Claudio for the tip and heads up!
Capacity: Limited to 3500 runners (From 1600 last year)
Event Date: Sunday, 15 June 2008
Venue: Open space between Blk 121 and 123 Bukit Merah View
(Not from and having to walk from Henderson Community Club as like last year)
Closing date: 2 June 2008
Please register personally for your bibs aka “on-the spot 4D” numbers at the following locations:
Mizuno Marina Square # #03-120/121 (6337 2235)
Mizuno Vivocity #02-16 (6377 0261)
Cineleisure Orchard #01-01 (6564 4190)
Jurong Point Sports Town #02-29 (6792 0547)
World of Sports Heartland Mall #03-10 (6383 0624)
World of Sports Parkway Parade (6344 5182)
Velocity @ Novena Square #02-68/72 (6259 9656)
Henderson Community Club 500 Bukitmerah View (6271 0168)
Cairnhill Community Club 1 Anthony Road (6737 9537)
No qualifying times required. Everyone is welcome!
Mens Veteran (Aged 40 and above)
Womens Veteran (Aged 40 and above)
Corporate groups (20 participants or more, send your details to email:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Early bird (2nd May to 19May) – $30/runner
Normal period (20th May to 2nd June) – $35/runner
Part of proceeds will be donated to selected charities
- Runners Bib
- iTags for Electronic Timing (we have timings this year!)
- Mizuno Shoe Bag (Worth $29.90)
- Mizuno Event Running Jerey (Sizes S to XL, worth $29.90)
- Lucky draw coupon
- 30% discount on all regular Mizuno items (from the listed stores above) from point of registration
Race day conduct
Reporting time: 0630
(Recommended time for ample warm up time, there is no need for pre-race registrations)
Race start: 0730
There is baggage deposit at the surrounding HDB void decks, as similar from last year’s race.
Otherwise you can leave your bags in your vehicles (if you are driving), there are ample HDB parking lots around the area.
Nearest MRT station: Tiong bahru (head into the mature HDB estate opposite Tiong bahru park)
Buses: 961, 855, 197, 147, 14, 196 (From Jalan Bukit Merah)
Other nice to know stuff
Guest of honour (flag off): MP Tanjong Pagar GRC, Ms Indranee Thurai Rajah
Official drink: H-Two-O
Official timer: Sunnto
Distance about 10km, but with relief feats. Similar to last year’s race:
- Henderson road up towards the industrial distripark, across the AYE towards Pasir Panjang road, then turning up the Mt Faber hill from Pender Road.
- Passing round the route through Mount Faber landmarks such as the cable car station and comm tower.
- Down Mt Faber from Faber lodge towards CHIJ at Bukit Purmei towards Tiong Bahru park, then Delta House before circling Gan Eng Seng School and back up to Henderson road for the finish.
Camera phone shot from map from last year’s race: (please mind the quality!)